SkyMaster Pro binoculars are the ideal choice for amateur astronomers or anyone that observes at great distances. Compared to lower-priced large aperture binoculars, SkyMaster Pro uses superior optics, coatings, internal parts and housing materials. With large objective lenses, BaK-4 prisms and fully multi-coated optics utilizing Celestron’s proprietary XLT coating technology, the view through a SkyMaster Pro is second to none at this price point.
Massive Objective Lenses
The 70mm objective lenses have tremendous light gathering capabilities, delivering superior low light performance, even in the dimmest conditions. Choose SkyMaster Pro for use at dusk, dawn and nighttime astronomical viewing.
Fully Multi-Coated Optics and BaK-4 Prisms
Every air-to-glass surface is multi-coated with Celestron’s proprietary XLT coating technology. These coatings coupled with BaK-4 prisms increase light transmission through the optical path and deliver crisp, high contrast images with outstanding resolution.
Built in Tripod Adapter
The built in tripod adapter of the SkyMaster Pro 15x70mm allows the binocular to be attached to a tripod for added stability during longer viewing sessions and also allows a red-dot finder to be attached to it utilizing the included RSR “Reflex Sight Ready” Rail. When properly aligned with the binocular, the red-dot finder will allow objects to be brought into view quickly.
RSR “Reflex Sight Ready” Rail
The tripod adapter included with the SkyMaster Pro not only allows the binocular to be attached to a tripod for added stability during longer viewing sessions, but also includes a removable rail for attaching a red dot finderscope. When properly aligned with the binocular, a red-dot finder helps you locate objects quickly and center them in the binocular.
Lightweight, Waterproof Construction
A polycarbonate and aluminum housing makes SkyMaster Pro durable and lightweight. The housing’s protective rubber armor is extremely rugged and can stand up to tough use.
The fully waterproof housing for use in all weather conditions provides peace of mind when unexpected weather rolls in. The housing is also filled with dry nitrogen gas to prevent the internal lenses from fogging when moving between extreme temperatures or when using the binocular in damp conditions.
Extended Eye Relief
17mm of eye relief allows for comfortable viewing for both eyeglass and non-eyeglass wearers. Eyeglass wearers can see the entire field of view while looking through the eyepiece with their glasses on. For those that do not wear eyeglasses, the rubber eyecup positions the users eye behind the eyepiece at the correct distance for optimal viewing.
Bring distant objects into view with 15x magnification—great for observing celestial objects in greater detail, searching for wildlife in the brush or viewing a distant object on the horizon.
- Magnification: 15x
- Objective Lens Diameter: 70mm (2.75″)
- Focal Length of Objective Lens: 279.68mm (11.01″)
- Angular Field of View: 4.4°
- Linear Field of View (@1000 yds) / @1000 m): 231 ft (77 m)
- Exit Pupil: 4.6mm (.18″)
- Eye Relief: 17mm (.67″)
- Close Focus: 49.2 ft (15 m)
- Interpupillary Distance (max): 72mm (2.83″)
- Interpupillary Distance (min): 56mm (2.20″)
- Diopter Adjustment Range: ±4
- Twilight Factor: 32.4
- Relative Brightness: 21.16
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: Ideal: 11.73 | Moderate: 10.73 | Poor: 9.73
- Lens Coatings: Fully Multi-Coated – XLT Coatings
- Prism Glass (Type): BaK-4
- Prism Coatings: N/A
- Weight: 51 oz (1450 g)
- Environmental Protection: Waterproof
- Nitrogen Filled: Yes
- Tripod Adaptable: Yes
- Carrying Case: Deluxe Nylon
- Dimensions: 276.9mm x 221mm x 86.4mm (10.9″ x 8.7″ x 3.4″)
- Tripod adapter
- Reflex Sight Rail (RSR)
- Objective lens caps
- Interchangeable flared eyecups
- Neck strap
- Lens cloth
- Instruction manual
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with this optic. Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
- Universal Smartphone Adapter – To capture pictures of Objects seen in the binoculars (Terrestrial objects, Moon and planets) right in your smartphone immediately as you observe it.