Discover our Solar System with the Celestron PowerSeeker 127EQ with Motor Drive! You’ll be ready to observe in minutes thanks to the quick and easy no-tool setup. The 127EQ provides bright, clear images of the Moon, planets, star clusters, and more for great nighttime viewing.
- Manual German Equatorial telescope
The PowerSeeker mount comes with two slow motion control knobs that allow you to make fine pointing adjustments to the telescope in both Right Ascension and Declination axes, also referred to as RA and DEC.
- Accessories Included
Accessories include a 20mm and 10mm eyepiece, a finderscope, and a 3x Barlow lens. The two eyepieces offer different magnifications for low and high powered views. The 3x Barlow lens triples the magnifying power of each eyepiece.
- Motor Drive
Turn your manual German equatorial mount into a tracking mount by adding the included RA motor drive to your telescope. This easy-to-install RA motor drive compensates for the Earth’s rotation, so the telescope tracks a star’s movement through the night sky from east to west. When the telescope mount is properly polar aligned and the RA drive is attached and running, the user need only make occasional adjustments in declination (Dec) to keep an object in the eyepiece for long periods of time. The Celestron single-axis motor drive runs on a 9V battery, so there are no cords to get in the way. The drive can be used in either the Northern or Southern Hemisphere. To change hemispheres (reverse the motor’s direction), simply by flip the N/S switch on the face of the motor drive. It is also simple to change the speed of the motor. A “Speed Rate Regulator” knob is located just under the power indicator and can be turned in either direction to slow down or speed up the motor. Since solar system objects like the Moon and planets move through the sky at different rates than deep-sky objects do, this gives you the ability to match the motor’s speed to the particular type of object you are observing.
- Smartphone Adapter
Image celestial or terrestrial objects with this smartphone adapter. With its light, rigid frame, this accessory allows you to connect any smartphone to any telescope eyepiece with an outside diameter of 34mm. The additional magnification provided by the eyepiece allows your phone to capture great images of the Moon and planets. This adapter installs easily by placing the smartphone over the telescope eyepiece and tightening the knobs to securely lock your phone in place. The adapter accommodates most phones with the case on, but some large and/or bulky phone cases (including folio style cases) may need to be removed for the phone to fit in the adapter.
- Starry Night Software
Download Celestron’s Starry Night Software and learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night Software is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing resources and knowledge to view our solar system and beyond
Optical Tube Info:
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Aperture: 127mm (5″)
- Focal Length: 900mm (39″)
- Focal Ratio: f/7.87
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 20mm (.78″) with built-in erect image corrector
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 50x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 4mm (.16″) standard
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 250x
- Barlow Lens: 3X Balow included
- Finderscope: 5X24
- Star Diagonal: None
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 300x
- Lowest Useful Magnification:18x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude:13
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.1arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.91 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 329x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 41mm
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 32%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 10%
- Optical Tube Length: 502mm (20″)
- Optical Coating: Aluminum
- Mount Type: German Equatorial
- Tripod: Aluminum
- Accessory Tray: Yes
- Software: Celestron Starry Night Basic Edition Software | SkyPortal App
In the Box:
Optical tube | Tripod and mount (preassembled) | 20mm eyepiece with built-in erect image corrector | Standard 4mm eyepiece | Finderscope | Manual | Motor Drive | Smartphone Adapter
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
- 1.25″ 2X Achromatic Barlow – To get double magnification while observing your favorite objects. Mostly important for Lunar and Planetary observations & Photography.
- Additional Eyepieces – Eyepieces serve as our arsenal, offering different magnifications for celestial objects. Higher magnification is ideal for detailed planetary viewing, while lower magnification and wide-angle eyepieces are suitable for capturing the vastness of deep sky objects. With a diverse collection of eyepieces, we can customize our observations for an immersive stargazing experience.
- Eyepiece Filters – Colored filters can be an invaluable aid in lunar and planetary observing. They reduce glare and light scattering, increase contrast through selective filtration, increase definition and resolution, reduce irradiation and lessen eye fatigue.
- Solar filter – Customized Solar Filter for optical equipment for observation and photography of sun during eclipses, transits or general Sunspots observation on solar disk.
- T-Ring (Canon) – To capture photos with your Canon EOS DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Nikon) – To capture photos with your NIKON DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Sony) – To capture photos with your Sony DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- 1.25″ T-Mount/Adapter – To attach any DSLR directly in the eyepiece barrel when using in combination with DSLR T-Ring.
- Customized Telescope Padded bag – Designed to keep your Telescope safe from sudden damages to optics and body, safe of dust and dirt, easy carrying solution.
- Smartphone Adapter – With this universal smartphone telescope adapter, you can connect your phone to any telescopes or binoculars for digiscoping