Discover our Solar System with the Celestron AstroMaster 76EQ! You’ll be ready to observe in minutes thanks to the quick and easy no-tool setup. The 76EQ provides bright, clear images of the Moon, planets, star clusters, and more for great nighttime viewing.
Manual German Equatorial telescope
The AstroMaster mount comes with two slow motion control knobs that allow you to make fine pointing adjustments to the telescope in both Right Ascension and Declination axes, also referred to as RA and DEC.
Starry Night Software
Download Celestron’s Starry Night Software and learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night Software is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing resources and knowledge to view our solar system and beyond.
Optical Tube Info
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Aperture: 76mm (3″)
- Focal Length: 700mm (27.56″)
- Focal Ratio: f/9.21
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 20mm (.78″) with built-in erect image corrector
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 35x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 10mm (.4″) standard
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 70x
- Barlow Lens: Not Included
- Finderscope: Built-on StarPointer™ red dot finderscope
- Star Diagonal: None
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 180x
- Lowest Useful Magnification:11x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude:11.9
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.83 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.53 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 118x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 44mm (1.73″)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 46%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 21%
- Optical Tube Length: 602mm (23.7″)
- Dovetail: CG-2 Dovetail bar
- Optical Tube Weight: 3.9 lbs (1.77 kg)
- Mount Type: CG-2 Equatorial
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 32″ – 51″
- Tripod Leg Diameter: 31.75mm (1.25″) steel
- Accessory Tray: Yes
- Tripod Weight: 7.6 lbs (3.44 kg)
- Slew Speeds: Manual
- Dovetail Compatibility: CG-2 saddle plate
- Software: Celestron Starry Night Basic Edition Software | SkyPortal App
In the Box:
Optical tube | Tripod and mount (preassembled) | 20mm eyepiece with built-in erect image corrector | Standard 10mm eyepiece | Red-dot finderscope | Manual
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present
- 1.25″ 2X Achromatic Barlow – To get double magnification while observing your favorite objects. Mostly important for Lunar and Planetary observations & Photography.
- Additional Eyepieces – Eyepieces serve as our arsenal, offering different magnifications for celestial objects. Higher magnification is ideal for detailed planetary viewing, while lower magnification and wide-angle eyepieces are suitable for capturing the vastness of deep sky objects. With a diverse collection of eyepieces, we can customize our observations for an immersive stargazing experience.
- Eyepiece Filters – Colored filters can be an invaluable aid in lunar and planetary observing. They reduce glare and light scattering, increase contrast through selective filtration, increase definition and resolution, reduce irradiation and lessen eye fatigue.
- Solar filter – Customized Solar Filter for optical equipment for observation and photography of sun during eclipses, transits or general Sunspots observation on solar disk.
- T-Ring (Canon) – To capture photos with your Canon EOS DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Nikon) – To capture photos with your NIKON DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Sony) – To capture photos with your Sony DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- 1.25″ T-Mount/Adapter – To attach any DSLR directly in the eyepiece barrel when using in combination with DSLR T-Ring.
- Customized Telescope Padded bag – Designed to keep your Telescope safe from sudden damages to optics and body, safe of dust and dirt, easy carrying solution.
- Smartphone Adaptor – With this universal smartphone telescope adapter, you can connect your phone to any telescopes or binoculars for digiscoping.