With Super Giant Field Tripod. The fast f/8 Advanced Coma-Free (ACF) optical system produces a wider, flatter field with no coma for pinpoint stars out to the edge when using large image sensors and extreme wide-angle eyepieces. Includes the patented Starlock auto-guiding system for automatic full-time guiding with one arc-second precision under good seeing conditions, zero image-shift focuser, AutoStar II GOTO system with over 14,000 object library, and much more.
Designed and Manufactured in North America.
With fast f/8 ACF optics 3251mm focal length) and Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) for maximum image brightness and contrast. The redesigned mirror mounting system achieves zero-image shift when focusing eliminating the need for re-centering your object and includes an internal Crayford-style focuser with two speed, 7:1 reduction control that allows for quick and easy adjustments.
The optical path and components of the ACF telescope design
Has a dual fork mount and features 11″ main gears and boasts pointing accuracy of one arc-minute or better in High Precision Mode. This rock solid platform is sure to exceed the need for the most demanding applications.
The included Super Giant Field Tripod ensures a research grade foundation for this largest of the LX600 models and is remarkably transportable for an instrument of its size and specifications.
Includes StarLock — the advanced technology that makes target acquisition on your imaging sensor and accurate guiding during exposures completely automatic.
The 16″ LX600 Advanced Coma-Free comes fully equipped with AutoStar II keypad with 14,000 object library, Meade 2″ Series 5000 diagonal with enhanced 99% reflectivity, Meade 2″ PWA 28mm eyepiece, and 8×50 viewfinder with quick release bracket, and both an AC adapter and a DC power cord.
Power panel includes the following ports: 12V input, 12V output, illuminated reticle, handbox, RS-232 x1, StarLock, Aux, and Focuser.
Please note this product was not designed or intended by the manufacturer for use by a child 12 years of age or younger.
- Best for viewing: Fainter deep sky
- Best for imaging: Solar, lunar, planetary & Messier objects
- Astro-imaging capability: Lunar, planetary & long exposure
- User level: Advanced
- Optical design: Advanced Coma-Free (ACF)
- Optical diameter: 406mm
- Focal length: 3251mm
- Focal ratio: f/8.0
- Finder scope magnification: 8x
- Finder scope lens diameter: 50mm
- Magnification with included eyepieces: 116x
- Resolving power: 115.80arc*sec
- Lowest useful magnification: 58x
- Highest useful magnification: 300x
- Highest theoretical magnification: 812x
- Limiting stellar magnitude: 15.7
- Optical quality: Diffraction limited
- Finder scope: 8×50
- Focuser: Internal
- Diagonal degrees: 2″ 90° Mirror Star
- Mount type: Altazimuth
- Computerized compatibility: Go-To included
- Number of objects in database: 145,000
- Tracking rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Motor speeds: Up to 8 degrees/sec
- Motor type: DC Servo motors with encoders
- Power requirement: 12-volt DC – 5A (tip positive)
- PEC: Yes
- GPS: Included
- Backlash compensation: Yes
- Setting circles: Electronic, via the hand controller
- Available ports: RS-232, Aux, autoguider
- Tube material: Aluminum
- Tripod material: Aluminum & Steel
- Weight, optical tube318.0 lbs.
- Weight, mount/tripod81.0 lbs.
- Weight, fully assembled399.0 lbs.
- Additional included accessories: Series 5000 PWA 28mm eyepiece, AutoStar II hand controller, AC adapter and DC power cable
- Other features: Internal zero-shift Crayford style focuser, Starlock automatic guider, LightSwitch style automatic alignment
- Warranty: Two year