The Travel Scope 50 is a refractor telescope perfect for terrestrial and celestial viewing on the go. The Travel Scope can view the planets, moon, star clusters and brighter deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula and Andromeda Galaxy at night and with the erect image star diagonal makes the optical tube ideal for using as a spotting scope during the day.
Setting up the telescope is a breeze and will have you observing in no time. Even on your first time out, you can assemble the telescope and its accessories in just a few minutes. The adjustable tripod legs allow you to customize the telescope’s height or place it on raised surfaces like a picnic table. The total telescope kit weighs in at just 2.2 pounds—perfect for impromptu observing sessions or transporting wherever life’s adventures take you.
Manual Alt-Azimuth telescope
Navigate the sky with a pan handle Alt-Az control with clutch for smooth and accurate pointing. Move the clutch in an up/down, left/right fashion to track your object in the eyepiece.
The Travel Scope 50 comes with two eyepieces (20mm and 8mm), 45° erect image diagonal, 3x Barlow lens, 2×20 finderscope, and a travel backpack. The two eyepieces offer different magnifications to view your intended object. The erect image diagonal allows for right-side-up viewing ideal for terrestrial subjects but can also be used for celestial objects. The 2×20 finderscope will help you quickly center an object in your eyepiece for easier observing. Connect your 3x Barlow lens to your eyepieces to magnify your view. The 3x Barlow lens provides a 60x and 135x magnification for your scope.
Travel Backpack – A custom backpack comes with your telescope for you to store your optical tube, tripod, eyepieces and accessories comfortably. With the telescopes’ backpack, traveling with your telescope is a breeze; all the components fit inside of the backpack snuggly.
Starry Night Software
Download Celestron’s Starry Night Software and learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night Software is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing resources and knowledge to view our solar system and beyond.
Optical Tube Info:
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Aperture: 50mm (2″)
- Focal Length: 360mm (14.17″)
- Focal Ratio: f/7.2
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 20mm (0.78″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 18x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 8mm (0.31″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 45x
- Barlow Lens: 3x Barlow lens
- Finderscope: 2×20
- Star Diagonal: Erect Image, .96″ – 1.25″ 45°
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 120x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 7x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 11.1
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 2.66 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 2.28 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 51x
- Optical Coatings: Coated glass optics
- Optical Tube Length: 304.8mm (12″)
- Optical Tube Diameter: 82.55 (3.25″)
- Optical Tube Weight: 11.2 oz (317.5 g)
- Dovetail: Vixen/CG-5 bar
- Mount Type: Manual Alt-Azimuth
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 558.8mm – 1320.8mm (22″-52″)
- Tripod Leg Diameter: 31.75mm (1.25″) Aluminum
- Accessory Tray: Yes
- Slew Speeds: Manual
- Tripod Weight: 1.5 lbs (.68 kg)
- Dovetail Compatibility: Vixen/CG-5 Saddle Plate
- Software: Celestron Starry Night Basic Edition Software and SkyPortal App
- Total Kit Weight: 2.2 lbs (998 g)
Optical tube | Mount and tripod (preassembled) | 20mm and 8mm Eyepiece | 45° erect image diagonal | 2×20 Finderscope | 3x Barlow lens | SkyPortal app Celestron’s Starry Night Basic Edition Software | Manual | Backpack to store scope and accessories
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
- 1.25″ 2X Achromatic Barlow – To get double magnification while observing your favourite objects. Mostly important for Lunar and Planetary observations & Photography.
- Additional Eyepieces – Eyepieces serve as our arsenal, offering different magnifications for celestial objects. Higher magnification is ideal for detailed planetary viewing, while lower magnification and wide-angle eyepieces are suitable for capturing the vastness of deep sky objects. With a diverse collection of eyepieces, we can customize our observations for an immersive stargazing experience.
- Eyepiece Filters – Colored filters can be an invaluable aid in lunar and planetary observing. They reduce glare and light scattering, increase contrast through selective filtration, increase definition and resolution, reduce irradiation and lessen eye fatigue.
- Solar filter – Customized Solar Filter for optical equipment for observation and photography of sun during eclipses, transits or general Sunspots observation on solar disk.
- T-Ring (Canon) – To capture photos with your Canon EOS DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Nikon) – To capture photos with your NIKON DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Sony) – To capture photos with your Sony DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- 1.25″ T-Mount/Adapter – To attach any DSLR directly in the eyepiece barrel when using in combination with DSLR T-Ring.
- Customized Telescope Padded bag – Designed to keep your Telescope safe from sudden damages to optics and body, safe of dust and dirt, easy carrying solution.
- Smartphone Adapter – With this universal smartphone telescope adapter, you can connect your phone to any telescopes or binoculars for digiscoping.