The AstroMaster 80AZS is a short refractor telescope perfect for terrestrial and celestial viewing. The short focal length is ideal for viewing star clusters and nebulae, while the erect image star diagonal makes the optical tube ideal for using as a spotting scope during the day.
Setting up the telescope is a breeze and will have you observing in no time. Even on your first time out, you can assemble the telescope and its accessories in just a few minutes. The adjustable tripod legs allow you to customize the telescope’s height or place it on raised surfaces like a picnic table. An included accessory tray will help you keep track of eyepieces and other small items while observing.
The total telescope kit weighs in at just 10 pounds—perfect for impromptu observing sessions or transporting wherever life’s adventures take you.
Manual Alt-Azimuth telescope
Navigate the sky with a pan handle Alt-Az control with clutch for smooth and accurate pointing. Move the clutch in an up/down, left/right fashion to track your object in the eyepiece.
The AstroMaster 80AZS comes with two eyepieces (20mm and 10mm), erect image diagonal, and finderscope. The two eyepieces offer different magnifications to view your intended object. The erect image diagonal allows for right-side-up viewing ideal for terrestrial subjects but can also be used for celestial objects. The red dot finderscope will help you quickly center an object in your eyepiece for easier observing.
Starry Night Software
Download Celestron’s Starry Night Software and learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night Software is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing resources and knowledge to view our solar system and beyond.
Optical Tube Info:
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Aperture: 80mm (3.1″)
- Focal Length: 400mm (15.74″)
- Focal Ratio: f/5
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 20mm (0.78″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 20x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 10mm (0.4″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 40x
- Barlow Lens: Not Included
- Finderscope: StarPointer™ red dot finderscope
- Star Diagonal: Erect Image, 90° (1.25″)
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 189x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 11x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.74 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.45 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 131x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 25mm (1″)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 4.96%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 22%
- Optical Coatings: Fully Coated
- Optical Tube Length: 184mm (7.24″)
- Optical Tube Diameter: 90mm (3.54″)
- Optical Tube Weight: 2.65 lbs (1.2 kg)
- Dovetail: CG-5 Dovetail bar
- Mount Type: Manual Alt Azimuth
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 812.8mm – 1295.4mm (32″-51″)
- Tripod Leg Diameter: 31.75mm (1.25″) steel legs
- Accessory Tray: Yes
- Slew Speeds: Manual
- Tripod Weight: 7.9 lbs (3.6 kg) includes weight of mount
- Dovetail Compatibility: CG-5 saddle plate
- Software: Celestron Starry Night Basic Edition Software and SkyPortal App
- Total Telescope Kit Weight: 10.55 lbs (4.78 kg)
Optical tube | Tripod and mount (preassembled) | 20mm and 10mm eyepiece | StarPointer™ red dot finderscope | Erect image 90° diagonal | Manual
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
- 1.25″ 2X Achromatic Barlow – To get more magnification while observing your favorite plane.
- T-Ring (Canon) – To capture photos with your Canon EOS DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Nikon) – To capture photos with your NIKON DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Sony) – To capture photos with your Sony DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- 1.25″ T-Mount/Adapter – To attached any DSLR directly in the eyepiece barrel when using in combination with DSLR TRing.
- Customized Telescope Padded bag: Designed to keep your Telescope safe from sudden damages to optics and body, safe of dust and dirt, easy carrying solution.