Celestron Astromaster 70AZ Telescope
Discover our Solar System with the Celestron AstroMaster 70AZ! You’ll be ready to observe in minutes thanks to the quick and easy no-tool setup. The 70AZ provides bright, clear images of the Moon, planets, star clusters, and more for great nighttime viewing.
Manual Alt-Azimuth telescope
Navigate the sky with a pan handle Alt-Az control with clutch for smooth and accurate pointing. Move the clutch in an up/down, left/right fashion to track your object in the eyepiece.
Accessories include a 20mm and 10mm eyepiece, an erect image diagonal, a moon filter, a smartphone adapter and a Starpointer finderscope. The two eyepieces offer different magnifications for low and high powered views.
Smartphone Adapter – Image celestial or terrestrial objects with this smartphone adapter. With its light, rigid frame, this accessory allows you to connect any smartphone to any telescope eyepiece with an outside diameter of 34mm. The additional magnification provided by the eyepiece allows your phone to capture great images of the Moon and planets. This adapter installs easily by placing the smartphone over the telescope eyepiece and tightening the knobs to securely lock your phone in place. The adapter accommodates most phones with the case on, but some large and/or bulky phone cases (including folio style cases) may need to be removed for the phone to fit in the adapter.
Starry Night Software
Download Celestron’s Starry Night Software and learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night Software is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing resources and knowledge to view our solar system and beyond.
Celestron Astromaster 70AZ Telescope Specifications
Optical Tube Info:
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Aperture: 70mm (2.76″)
- Focal Length: 900mm (35″)
- Focal Ratio: f/13
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 20mm (.8″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 45x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 10mm (.4″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 90x
- Barlow Lens: Not Included
- Finderscope: StarPointer™ red dot finderscope
- Star Diagonal: Erect Image Diagonal – 1.25″
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 165x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 10x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 11.7
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.99 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.66 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 100x
- Optical Coatings: Fully Coated
- Optical Tube Length: 914mm (36″)
- Dovetail: CG-5 Dovetail bar
- Mount Type: Manual Alt Azimuth
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 812.8mm – 1295.4mm (32″ – 51″)
- Tripod Leg Diameter: 31.75mm (1.25″) steel
- Accessory Tray: Yes
- Slew Speeds: Manual
- Dovetail Compatibility: CG-5 saddle plate
- Software: Celestron Starry Night Basic Edition Software and SkyPortal App
Optical tube | 20mm and 10mm eyepieces | Finderscope | Moon Filter | Smartphone adapter | Tripod and mount | Manual
Phone Adapter Info:
- Phone Compatibility: Any smartphone
- Comptabile Optics: Any 1.25″ eyepiece supplied with PowerSeeker and AstroMaster telescope kits or any eyepieces with a 34mm outside diameter
- Dimensions: 165.1mm x 114.3mm 25.4mm (6.5″ x 4.5″ x 1″)
- Weight: 57 gms
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present
- 1.25″ 2X Achromatic Barlow – To get double magnification while observing your favorite objects. Mostly important for Lunar and Planetary observations & Photography.
- Additional Eyepieces – Eyepieces serve as our arsenal, offering different magnifications for celestial objects. Higher magnification is ideal for detailed planetary viewing, while lower magnification and wide-angle eyepieces are suitable for capturing the vastness of deep sky objects. With a diverse collection of eyepieces, we can customize our observations for an immersive stargazing experience.
- Eyepiece Filters – Colored filters can be an invaluable aid in lunar and planetary observing. They reduce glare and light scattering, increase contrast through selective filtration, increase definition and resolution, reduce irradiation and lessen eye fatigue.
- Solar filter – Customized Solar Filter for optical equipment for observation and photography of sun during eclipses, transits or general Sunspots observation on solar disk.
- T-Ring (Canon) – To capture photos with your Canon EOS DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Nikon) – To capture photos with your NIKON DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Sony) – To capture photos with your Sony DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- 1.25″ T-Mount/Adapter – To attach any DSLR directly in the eyepiece barrel when using in combination with DSLR T-Ring.
- Customized Telescope Padded bag – Designed to keep your Telescope safe from sudden damages to optics and body, safe of dust and dirt, easy carrying solution.