The ZWO FF65 APO is a refractive astrograph with the powerful flatfield optical design which saves you from the expensive cost of a field flattener. It eliminates the trouble of calculating the back focus distance of the flattener and connecting various accessories to achieve that distance. You can just connect any possible accessories you need. As long as the target is focused, the whole optical system is perfect for imaging. This makes the whole setting up process much more convenient, and saves your time, allowing you to pay more attention to the image shooting itself.
The FF65 APO is also a nice choice for your visual observation. It fits diagonals as well as various eyepieces and can achieve a perfect focus, and can even be used to observe planets with a super-high magnification eyepiece.
The whole design of the telescope is compact and lightweight. The OTA weighs only 2kg, and the full package with tube rings and other accessories weighs 2.8kg. It has an aperture of 65mm. The focal ratio is f/6.4 and focal length is 416mm. Instead of the quadruplet structure of other ZWO FF APO telescopes, the FF65 APO is a quintuplet with two ED glasses which offers excellent control of chromatic and other aberrations.
The FF65 APO supports the full-frame imaging circle and has a fine spot diagram with tiny distortions of the peripheral stars. The 2.5″ rigid focuser comes with a new-type 360° rotator with scales and a finder base. M68, M54, and M48 camera adapters are also attached, and the M48 adapter has a 2″ female thread for installing filters.
- Observing mode: 121mm
- Aperture size: 65mm
- Net weight: 2Kg
- Focal length: 416mm
- Gross weight: 2.8Kg
- Focal ratio: f/6.4
- Image circle: 44mm
- Objective lens: Quintuplet air-spaced APO (including two ED glass)
- Imaging mode: 76mm (from the base of M48×0.75 male thread)
- 105mm (from the base of M54×0.75 male thread)
- 130mm (from the base of M68x1 male thread)
- Rear-end thread type: M68x1-M54×0.75
- (M48×0.75 filter thread inside)
- Total length: 328MM (including 125″ eyepiece holder as dew shield contracted)
- 360 MM (including the 3-piece adapter as dew shield contracted)
- 388MM (including 1.25″ eyepiece holder as dew shield fully stretched
- 420 MM (including the 3 piece adapter as dew shield fully stretched)
- Rear end of the 3-piece photographic adapters: M48×0.75
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present
- 1.25″ 2X Achromatic Barlow – To get double magnification while observing your favorite objects. Mostly important for Lunar and Planetary observations & Photography.
- Additional Eyepiece – Eyepieces serve as our arsenal, offering different magnifications for celestial objects. Higher magnification is ideal for detailed planetary viewing, while lower magnification and wide-angle eyepieces are suitable for capturing the vastness of deep sky objects. With a diverse collection of eyepieces, we can customize our observations for an immersive stargazing experience.
- Eyepiece Filters – Colored filters can be an invaluable aid in lunar and planetary observing. They reduce glare and light scattering, increase contrast through selective filtration, increase definition and resolution, reduce irradiation and lessen eye fatigue.
- T-Ring (Canon) – To capture photos with your Canon EOS DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Nikon) – To capture photos with your NIKON DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Sony) – To capture photos with your Sony DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- 1.25″ T-Mount/Adapter – To attach any DSLR directly in the eyepiece barrel when using in combination with DSLR T-Ring.
- Customized Telescope Padded bag – Designed to keep your Telescope safe from sudden damages to optics and body, safe of dust and dirt, easy carrying solution.