The fast f/8 Advanced Coma Free optical system produces a wider, flatter field with no coma for pinpoint stars out to the edge of larger imaging sensors and extreme wide angle eyepieces. Includes StarLock for full time guiding at one arc second precision and auto-alignment, Crayford style zero shift focuser with reduction, and much more.
Designed and Manufactured in North America. The ACF primary, secondary and corrector plate glass blanks are manufactured in the USA exclusively for Meade.
Features 12″ diameter f/8 ACF optics (focal length 2438mm) and Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) for maximum image brightness and contrast. The redesigned mirror mounting system achieves zero image shift and includes an internal Crayford style focuser with two speed, 7:1 reduction control that allows for quick and easy adjustments.
Includes StarLock — the advanced technology that makes target acquisition on your imaging sensor and accurate guiding during exposures completely automatic.
The 12″ LX600-ACF comes equipped with the AutoStar II keypad with 145,000 object library, Meade 1.25″ diagonal mirror, 26mm Super Plossl eyepiece and 8×50 viewfinder with quick release bracket. NOTE: Power adapters/cables sold separately. Choose between the Universal AC adapter, or the #607 DC power cord plus external field battery
Power panel includes the following ports: 12V input, 12V output, illuminated reticle, handbox, RS-232 x1, StarLock, Aux, and Focuser. Meade Microfocuser compatible, Microfocuser item sold separately.
Warranty: Limited Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship for two years from date of purchase. This warranty is provided by Meade for the benefit of the original retail purchaser only.
- Best for viewing: Fainter deep sky
- Best for imaging: Solar, lunar, planetary & Messier objects
- Astro-imaging capability: Lunar, planetary & long exposure
- User level: Advanced
- Optical design: Advanced Coma-Free (ACF)
- Optical diameter: 305mm
- Focal length: 2438mm
- Focal ratio: f/8.0
- Finder scope magnification: 8x
- Lens diameter: 50mm
- Eyepieces: Super Plossl 26.0mm (1.25″)
- Magnification with included eyepieces: 94x
- Resolving power: 0.38arc*sec
- Lowest useful magnification: 44x
- Highest useful magnification: 300x
- Highest theoretical magnification: 610x
- Limiting stellar magnitude: 15.1
- Optical quality: Diffraction limited
- Finder scope: 8×50
- Focuser: Internal
- Diagonal degrees: 1.25″ 90° Mirror Star
- Mount type: Altazimuth
- Computerized compatibility: Go-To included
- Number of objects in database: 145,000
- Tracking rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Motor speeds: Up to 8 degrees/sec
- Motor type: DC Servo motors with encoders
- Power requirement: 12-volt DC – 5A (tip positive)
- PEC: Yes
- GPS: Included
- Backlash compensation: Yes
- Setting circles: Electronic, via the hand controller
- Available ports: RS-232, Aux, autoguider
- Tube material:Aluminum
- Tripod material: Aluminum & Steel
- Weight, optical tube: 73.0 lbs.
- Weight, mount/tripod: 50.0 lbs.
- Weight, fully assembled: 123.0 lbs.
- Additional included accessories: AutoStar II hand controller, Giant Field Tripod
- Other features: Internal zero-shift Crayford style focuser, Starlock automatic guider, LightSwitch style automatic alignment
- Warranty: Two year