Get up close to the action with UpClose G2 binoculars. Pack these all-purpose binoculars along for sporting events, vacations, hikes, or outdoor adventures to observe birds and wildlife. The UpClose G2 7×35 will be your grab-and-go binocular of choice.
Coatings and Prisms
Inside the UpClose G2 are two Porro prisms, reflective optical prisms that the form of a right-angle triangle with two sides of equal length. Porro prisms make binoculars more compact without compromising focal length or the dispersion of the light rays as they pass through it giving the classic “broad-shoulder” shape of a traditional binocular. Our Porro prisms are constructed of BK-7 optical glass, which provide high reflectivity so that more light passes through the optical path to your eye.
UpClose G2 also contains other optical surfaces treated with special coatings to boost light transmission even more. The result is a brighter view than uncoated binoculars.
Whether you are out on the trail or inside a crowded stadium, you want a binocular that is comfortable to hold and use over long periods, without fear of bumps or drops. UpClose G2 features a lightweight and durable armor-protected chassis. Its tough, rigid frame is coated with rubber to stand up to hard use in the field. The UpClose G2 is also water resistant and can repeatedly stand up to unexpected conditions.
Viewing through UpClose G2 is comfortable for eyeglass wearers and non-eyeglass wearers alike, thanks to its rubber eyecups. Keep the eyecups up for proper positioning of the eyes without glasses. If you are wearing glasses, simply fold them down and out of the way.
Perfect for a Variety of Uses
UpClose G2 features 7x magnification, the perfect boost in power for sporting events, sightseeing, birding, panning the Milky Way at night, and more! You will enjoy great views of distant subjects, plus an ultra-wide field of view so you can easily follow them as they move. The 35mm aperture brings in more light for more detailed views, especially when viewing conditions are dim. No matter how you choose to observe, this binocular is a solid performer.
Ways to Observe
UpClose G2 is tripod-adaptable, so you can mount it on any standard photographic tripod for extended viewing or digiscoping (photography through the eyepiece). The tripod adapter is sold separately. With the detachable objective lens caps you’ll be able to keep your lenses protected at all times. Plus, the large, smooth focus wheel is easy to turn allowing you to focus on subjects at varying distances even with gloves on.
UpClose G2 includes a built-in neck strap for easy carrying. The binocular also includes a protective soft case for storage and transport so you can take it anywhere with confidence.
- Magnification: 7x
- Objective Lens Diameter: 35mm (1.37″)
- Angular Field of View: 9.2°
- Linear Field of View (@1000 yds) / @1000 m): 483 ft (161 m)
- Exit Pupil: 5mm (.19″)
- Eye Relief: 13mm (.51″)
- Close Focus: 13 ft (4 m)
- Interpupillary Distance (max): 72mm (2.83″)
- Interpupillary Distance (min): 56mm (2.20″)
- Diopter Adjustment Range: -4 to +8
- Twilight Factor: 15.65
- Relative Brightness: 25
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude:
- Lens Coatings: Multi-Coated
- Prism Glass (Type): Bk7
- Prism Coatings: N/A
- Weight: 22 oz (624 g)
- Environmental Protection: Water Resistant
- Nitrogen Filled: No
- Tripod Adaptable: Yes
- Carrying Case: Soft Sided Cloth
- Dimensions: 165mm x 69mm x 124mm (6.5″ x 2.7″ x 4.9″)
- Carrying case
- Objective covers
- Eyepiece covers
- Lens cloth
- Instruction manual
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with this optic. Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
- Universal Smartphone Adapter – To capture pictures of Objects seen in the binoculars (Terrestrial objects, Moon and planets) right in your smartphone immediately as you observe it.
- Binocular Tripod Adapter: Use your binoculars to get a stable and focused image on the tripod. Very important digiscoping.