- The PowerSeeker 50 is a refractor telescope perfect for terrestrial and celestial viewing on the go. The PowerSeeker can view the planets, moon, star clusters and brighter deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula and Andromeda Galaxy at night. The erect image star diagonal makes the optical tube ideal for using as a spotting scope during the day.
- Setting up the telescope is a breeze, so you can begin observing in no time. Even on your first time out, you can assemble the telescope and its accessories in just a few minutes. The adjustable tripod legs allow you to customize the telescope’s height or place it on raised surfaces like a picnic table.
Manual Alt-Azimuth telescope
Navigate the sky by moving the telescope up/down, left/right fashion to track your object in the eyepiece.
The PowerSeeker 50 comes with four eyepieces (20mm, 12mm, 4mm, and 1.5x image erecting eyepiece), star diagonal, finderscope, and a 3x Barlow lens. The four eyepieces offer different magnifications to view your intended object. The 3x Barlow lens triples the magnifying power of each eyepiece. The star diagonal allows for right-side-up viewing ideal for terrestrial subjects but can also be used for celestial objects. The finderscope will help you quickly center an object in your eyepiece for easier observing.
Starry Night Software
Download Celestron’s Starry Night Software and learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night Software is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing resources and knowledge to view our solar system and beyond.
Optical Tube Info:
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Aperture: 50mm (1.97″)
- Focal Length: 600mm (24″)
- Focal Ratio: f/12
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 20mm (0.79″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 30x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 12mm (0.47″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 50x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 3: 4mm (0.16″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 3: 150x
- Finderscope: 5×24
- Star Diagonal: 0.96″
- Highest Useful Magnification: 118x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 7.14x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 11
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 2.79 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 2.32 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 51x
- Optical Tube Length: 610mm (24″)
- Barlow Lens: 3x
- Mount Type: Manual Alt-Azimuth
- Tripod: Aluminum
- Software: Celestron Starry Night Basic Edition Software | SkyPortal App
Included Items: Optical tube | Mount | 20mm, 12mm, and 4mm eyepieces | 1.5x image erecting eyepiece | Star diagonal | Finderscope | 3x Barlow Lens
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.