The Inspire 90 is a short refractor telescope perfect for terrestrial and celestial viewing on the go. The Inspire can view the planets, moon, star clusters and brighter deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula and Andromeda Galaxy at night and with the erect image star diagonal makes the optical tube ideal for using as a spotting scope during the day.
Setting up the telescope is a breeze and will have you observing in no time. Even on your first time out, you can assemble the telescope and its accessories in just a few minutes. The adjustable tripod legs allow you to customize the telescope’s height or place it on raised surfaces like a picnic table. The total telescope kit is lightweight and perfect for impromptu observing sessions or transporting wherever life’s adventures take you.
Manual Alt-Azimuth telescope
Navigate the sky with a panning handle Alt-Az control with clutch for smooth and accurate pointing. Move the clutch in an up/down, left/right fashion to track your object in the eyepiece.
The Inspire 90 comes with two eyepieces (20mm and 10mm), a 90° erect image diagonal, an integrated smartphone adapter, a StarPointer™ Pro red dot finderscope, and a red LED flashlight. The two eyepieces offer different magnifications to view your intended object. The erect image diagonal allows for right-side-up viewing ideal for terrestrial subjects but can also be used for celestial objects. The StarPointer™ Pro red dot finderscope will help you quickly center an object in your eyepiece for easier observing. Illuminate your accessory tray with the built-in red LED flashlight. The flashlight can easily be removed from the mount to provide red light where you need it most.
Smartphone Adapter – Image celestial or terrestrial objects with this smartphone adapter! With its light, rigid frame, this accessory allows you to connect any smartphone to any telescope eyepiece with an outside diameter of 45mm or smaller. The additional magnification provided by the eyepiece allows your phone to capture great images of the Moon, planets, and terrestrial targets like birds and wildlife. This smartphone adapter installs easily by clamping over the top of an eyepiece. The smartphone is held in position with the help of bungee cords that securely lock your phone in place. While the vast majority of smartphones can be used with the case on, some very large and/or bulky phone cases (such as folio style cases) may need to be removed for the phone to fit in the adapter.
Starry Night Software
Download Celestron’s Starry Night Software and learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night Software is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing resources and knowledge to view our solar system and beyond.
Optical Tube Info:
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Aperture: 90mm (3.54″)
- Focal Length: 660mm (26″)
- Focal Ratio: f/7.3
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 20mm (.78″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 33x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 10mm (.4″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 66x
- Finderscope: StarPointer™ Pro red dot finderscope
- Star Diagonal: Erect image 90° (1.25″)
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 213x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 13x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12.3
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.55 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.29 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 165x
- Optical Coatings: Fully Coated glass optics
- Optical Tube Length: TBD
- Optical Tube Diameter: TBD
- Optical Tube Weight: TBD
- Dovetail: CG-5 Dovetail bar
- Mount Type: Manual Alt-Azimuth
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 1193.8mm (47″) max height
- Tripod Leg Diameter: 31.75mm (1.25″) Stainless Steel
- Accessory Tray: Yes
- Tripod Weight: TBD
- Slew Speeds: Manual
- Dovetail Compatibility: CG-5 saddle plate
- Software: Celestron Starry Night Basic Edition Software and SkyPortal App
- Total Kit Weight: TBD
- Optical tube
- Mount and tripod
- Accessory tray
- 20mm and 10mm eyepieces
- 90° erect image diagonal
- Integrated smartphone adapter
- Red LED flashlight
Resources and Videos
- Inspire Manual
- Solar Safety Warning
- How to Align a Red Dot Finder to Your Telescope Video
- How to Determine Which Eyepieces to Use with Your Telescope
- Astronomy Basics
- Telescope Basics
- Telescope Maintenance
- Celestial Observing
Celestron Inspire 90AZS Refractor Video
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
There are no reviews yet.