Celestron Astro Fi 5
Celestron Astro Fi 5 Specifications
Optical Tube Info:
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture: 125mm (4.92″)
- Focal Length: 1250mm (49.2″)
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 25mm (0.98″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 50x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 10mm (0.39″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 125x
- Finderscope: StarPointer™ red dot finderscope
- Star Diagonal: 1.25″
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 295x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 18x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.11 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.93 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 329x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 50mm (1.96″)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 16%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 40%
- Optical Coatings: Fully Coated
- Optical Tube Length: 355.6mm (14″)
- Optical Tube Diameter: 180mm (17″)
- Optical Tube Weight: 6.8 lbs (3.08 kg)
- Dovetail: CG-5 Dovetail bar
- Mount Type: Computerized Altitude-Azimuth Single Fork Arm
- Instrument load capacity: 8 lbs (3.6 kg)
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 863.6mm – 1371.6mm (34″ – 54″)
- Tripod leg diameter: 31.75mm (1.25″) Aluminum
- Mount Head Weight: 5 lbs (2.3 kg)
- Accessory Tray: Yes. Includes rubberized smartphone or tablet holder
- Tripod Weight: 5 lbs (2.3 kg)
- Slew Speeds: max slew rate is 3°/second
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar, and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South
- GPS: N/A
- Dovetail Compatibility: CG-5 Dovetail
- Number of Auxiliary ports: 2x AUX port for optional accessories
- Autoguider port: No
- USB Port: No (only with optional Nexstar+ remote)
- Power Requirements: 12V DC, 1A (Tip positive)
- Motor Drive: DC servo motor
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, 3-Star Align, Solar System Align
- Periodic Error Correction: No
- Computerized Hand Control: Hand control not included (optional)
- NexStar+ Database: Optional Nexstar+ hand remote provides over 40,000 objects in the computer’s database
- Software: Celestron Starry Night Special Edition Software and SkyPortal App. Each provide over 100,00 objects in their database
- Total Kit Weight: 16.8 lbs (7.6 kg)
- Optical tube
- Mount and tripod
- Accessory tray
- 25mm and 10mm eyepieces
- StarPointer™ red dot finderscope
- Battery pouch
Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
Celestron Astro Fi 5 Supporting Videos
Celestron Astro Fi 5 Supporting Documents
NexStar SLT SCT Telescope Series Manual
Celestron Astro Fi 5 Recommended Accessories
- 1.25″ 2X Achromatic Barlow – To get more magnification while observing your favorite planet
- Universal Smartphone Adapter – To capture pictures of Moon and planets right in your smartphone immediately as you observe it.
- T-Ring (Canon) – To capture photos with your Canon EOS DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Nikon) – To capture photos with your NIKON DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Sony) – To capture photos with your Sony DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- 1.25″ T-Mount/Adapter – To attached any DSLR directly in the eyepiece barrel when using in combination with DSLR TRing.
- Customized Telescope Padded bag: Designed to keep your Telescope safe from sudden damages to optics and body, safe of dust and dirt, easy carrying solution.
There are no reviews yet.