The Infinity 70mm telescope has a 70mm aperture and focal length of 700mm (f/10). The Alt-azimuth mount includes a slow-motion control rod that allows for easy and quick viewing across different directions. The telescope includes accessories such as a Red-Dot finder scope, 2x Barlow lens, and two eyepieces that provide varying levels of magnification. This gives you the versatility of both narrow and wide fields of views. The Infinity 70mm comes complete with everything you need to view the wonders of the night sky the first time out. When fully assembled, the Infinity 70mm weighs approximately 6 lbs.
Each Infinity telescope also comes with AutoStar(registered) Suite Astronomer Edition Software available as a download. This bonus planetarium software will help you learn the night sky and displays more than 10,000 celestial objects including planets, stars, galaxies, and nebulae. Furthermore, the Infinity Series telescopes are perfect for the observer who views both astronomical and terrestrial objects – meaning you can observe objects in both the sky and on land.
The Infinity 70 is the perfect grab-and-go telescope with its extremely light-weight setup that allows for maximum portability. Whether you’re looking to take in the views of mountain tops or looking up into the night sky, Meade’s Infinity Telescopes will help you capture amazing views.
|Activity||Observing, Terrestrial, Travel|
|Optical Design||Achromatic Refractor|
|Optical Coatings||Fully Coated|
|Eyepiece(s)||Two (2) MA Eyepieces (26mm & 9mm), 1.25″|
|Focuser Mechanism||Rack and Pinion|
|Diagonal||90 Degree Erect-Prism|
|Typical Guiding Performance with StarLock||< 1 arc-second|
|Tripod||Pre-Assembled Full-Height Aluminum|
|Assembled Product Dimensions||980mm x 980mm x 1320mm|
|Assembled Product Weight||3.38kg|
Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
- 1.25″ 2X Achromatic Barlow – To get more magnification while observing your favorite planet
- Universal Smartphone Adapter – To capture pictures of Moon and planets right in your smartphone immediately as you observe it.
- T-Ring (Canon) – To capture photos with your Canon EOS DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Nikon) – To capture photos with your NIKON DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Sony) – To capture photos with your Sony DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- 1.25″ T-Mount/Adapter – To attached any DSLR directly in the eyepiece barrel when using in combination with DSLR TRing.
- Customized Telescope Padded bag: Designed to keep your Telescope safe from sudden damages to optics and body, safe of dust and dirt, easy carrying solution.