Get up close to the action with UpClose G2 binoculars. Pack these high-power binoculars along for sporting events, vacations, hikes, or outdoor adventures to observe birds and wildlife. The UpClose G2 16×32 will be your grab-and-go binocular of choice.
Coatings and Prisms
Inside the UpClose G2 are two roof prisms, each paired with an auxiliary prism. Roof prisms create a straight line between the eyepiece and objective lens, making the binocular more compact—perfect for stashing in a jacket pocket or purse. Our roof prisms are constructed of BK-7 optical glass, which provides high reflectivity so that more light passes through the optical path to your eye.
UpClose G2 also contains other optical surfaces treated with special coatings to boost light transmission even more. The result is a brighter view than uncoated binoculars.
Whether you are out on the trail or inside a crowded stadium, you want a binocular that is comfortable to hold and use over long periods, without fear of bumps or drops. UpClose G2 features a lightweight and durable armor-protected chassis. Its tough, rigid frame is coated with rubber to stand up to hard use in the field. The UpClose G2 is also water resistant and can repeatedly stand up to unexpected conditions.
Viewing through UpClose G2 is comfortable for eyeglass wearers and non-eyeglass wearers alike, thanks to its rubber eyecups. Keep the eyecups up for proper positioning of the eyes without glasses. If you are wearing glasses, simply fold them down and out of the way.
Perfect for a Variety of Uses
UpClose G2 features 16x magnification, a major boost in power for sporting events, sightseeing, birding, wildlife or whale watching, and more! The midsize 32mm objective lenses bring in more light than our compact models while remaining lightweight and easy to hold. No matter how you choose to observe, this binocular is a solid performer.
UpClose G2 includes a built-in neck strap for easy carrying. The binocular also includes a protective soft case for storage and transport so you can take it anywhere with confidence.
- Magnification: 16x
- Objective Lens Diameter: 32mm (1.26″)
- Angular Field of View: 3.5°
- Linear Field of View (@1000 yds) / @1000 m): 185 ft (62 m)
- Exit Pupil: 2mm (.08″)
- Eye Relief: 10mm (.39″)
- Close Focus: 26 ft (8 m)
- Interpupillary Distance (max): 72mm (2.83″)
- Interpupillary Distance (min): 58mm (2.28″)
- Diopter Adjustment Range: ±2
- Twilight Factor: 22.63
- Relative Brightness: 4
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude:
- Ideal: 10.03
- Moderate: 9.03
- Poor: 8.93
- Lens Coatings: Multi-Coated
- Prism Glass (Type): Bk7
- Prism Coatings: N/A
- Weight: 13 oz (369 g)
- Environmental Protection: Water Resistant
- Nitrogen Filled: No
- Tripod Adaptable: No
- Carrying Case: Padded Soft Sided Cloth
- Dimensions: 91mm x 56mm x 142mm (3.6″ x 2.2″ x 5.6″)
- Carrying case
- Lens cloth
- Instruction manual
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with this optic. Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
- Universal Smartphone Adapter – To capture pictures of Objects seen in the binoculars (Terrestrial objects, Moon and planets) right in your smartphone immediately as you observe it.