Celestron Travel Scope 70 DX
Get a new perspective on nature and the Universe with the ideal day-to-night telescope, Celestron Travel Scope 70 DX. This refractor telescope includes a full height tripod and lots of bonus accessories, include a smartphone adapter so you can capture images and video through the eyepiece. It all packs up into a high-quality custom backpack—ready to go wherever your adventures take you.
Whether you take it along on your next camping trip or enjoy an impromptu backyard stargazing session, setting up the telescope is a breeze. Even on your first time out, you can assemble the telescope and its accessories in just a few minutes. The adjustable tripod legs allow you to customize the telescope’s height or place it on raised surfaces like a picnic table.
By night, Celestron Travel Scope 70 DX delivers great views of the planets, the Moon, star clusters and brighter deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula and Andromeda Galaxy. During the day, Travel Scope 70 DX doubles as a spotting scope. Enjoy amazing views of birds, wildlife, boats on the water, migrating whales, and so much more.
The entire telescope kit weighs just 3.3 pounds, so you can take it anywhere, hassle-free.
Smartphone adapter and Bluetooth shutter release
Create your own stunning images and video of celestial or terrestrial objects with the smartphone adapter. With its light, rigid frame, this accessory allows you to connect any smartphone to your Travel Scope’s eyepiece. The additional magnification provided by the eyepiece allows your phone to capture great images of the Moon and planets. This smartphone adapter installs easily by clamping over the top of an eyepiece. The smartphone is held in position with the help of tightening knobs that securely lock your phone in place. To capture the best image, Celestron has also provided a Bluetooth shutter release that allows you to trigger the camera’s shutter on any Android or iOS smartphone remotely, without disturbing the placement of your phone and telescope. NOTE: Some large and/or bulky phone cases (including folio style cases) may need to be removed for the phone to fit in the adapter.
Manual Alt-Azimuth telescope
Navigate the sky confidently with Celestron Travel Scope 70 DX’s intuitive pan handle. The Alt-Az control with clutch allows for smooth tracking and accurate pointing. Like a photographic tripod, you can move the clutch in an up/down, left/right fashion to follow your object in the eyepiece.
Deluxe Accessories Included
In addition to the smartphone adapter and Bluetooth shutter release, Celestron Travel Scope 70 DX includes a full selection of optical accessories, including two eyepieces (20mm and 10mm), an erect image diagonal, a finderscope, a 2x Barlow lens, and a 1.25” Moon filter. The two eyepieces offer different magnifications so you can view your subject at low or high power. The erect image diagonal allows for more comfortable viewing and right-side-up images. The permanently mounted finderscope will help you locate objects and quickly center them in your telescope’s eyepiece. Lastly, the Moon filter reduces glare and increases contrast on the surface of the Moon.
Pack up your optical tube, tripod, eyepieces, and accessories safely and securely in the included custom backpack.
Starry Night Software
Download Celestron’s Starry Night Software and learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night Software is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing detailed information, plus tips and tricks for viewing our Solar System and beyond.
Downloadable Robert Reeves’ Lunar Landscapes eBook
Familiarize yourself with the Moon, our neighboring world, with Robert Reeves’ Lunar Landscapes eBook. This fascinating guide will take you on a tour of the Moon’s top geographical features, from the crater Tycho to the Sea of Tranquility where Apollo 11 astronauts landed.
Celestron Travel Scope 70 DX Specifications
Optical Tube Info:
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Aperture: 70mm (2.8″)
- Focal Length: 400mm (15.74″)
- Focal Ratio: f/5.7
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 20mm (0.78″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 20x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 10mm (0.4″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 40x
- Barlow Lens: 2x
- Finderscope: 5×24
- Star Diagonal: Erect Image, 45° 1.25″
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 168x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 10x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 11.7
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.98 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.66 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 100x
- Optical Coatings: Fully Coated glass optics
- Optical Tube Length: 431.8mm (17″)
- Optical Tube Diameter: 98.4mm (3.87″)
- Optical Tube Weight: 1.5 lbs (.68 kg)
- Mount Type: Manual Alt Azimuth
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 558.8mm – 1320.8mm (22″-52″)
- Tripod Leg Diameter: 31.75mm (1.25″) Aluminum
- Accessory Tray: Yes
- Slew Speeds: Manual
- Tripod Weight: 1.8 lbs (.81 kg)
- Software: Celestron Starry Night Basic Edition Software and SkyPortal App
- Total Kit Weight: 3.3 lbs (1.5 kg)
Smartphone Adapter Info:
- Phone Compatibility: Any smartphone
- Compatible Optics: Fits all 1.25″ eyepieces or any eyepiece with an outside diameter of 45mm or smaller
- Dimensions: 177.8mm x 101.6mm x 38.1mm (7″ x 4″ x 1.5″)
- Weight: 6 oz (170.1 g)
- Optical tube
- Mount and tripod (preassembled)
- 20mm and 10mm eyepiece
- Erect image diagonal
- 5×24 finderscope
- Smartphone adapter
- Bluetooth shutter release button
- #58 Green Glass Moon filter
- SkyPortal App
- Celestron Starry Night Basic Edition Software
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
Celestron Travel Scope 70 DX Related Videos
Travel Scope 70 DX with Smartphone Quick Setup Guide
Metal Smartphone Adapter Instruction Manual
- 1.25″ 2X Achromatic Barlow – To get more magnification while observing your favorite planet
- Universal Smartphone Adapter – To capture pictures of Moon and planets right in your smartphone immediately as you observe it.
- T-Ring (Canon) – To capture photos with your Canon EOS DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Nikon) – To capture photos with your NIKON DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Sony) – To capture photos with your Sony DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- 1.25″ T-Mount/Adapter – To attached any DSLR directly in the eyepiece barrel when using in combination with DSLR TRing.
- Customized Telescope Padded bag: Designed to keep your Telescope safe from sudden damages to optics and body, safe of dust and dirt, easy carrying solution.
There are no reviews yet.