The Celestron Kids Newtonian telescope is a great beginners’ scope, with a unique STEM learning element—the side panel detaches so young scientists can explore the telescope’s inner workings. It’s great for the classroom and young amateur astronomers alike.
When kids can understand how a telescope works, exploring the sky becomes that much more enjoyable. Simply remove the side panel and you’ll be able to show off the telescope’s mirrors and demonstrate how they capture light to produce an image in the eyepiece.
When night falls, enjoy an evening of stargazing with this fully functional telescope. Explore the Moon, stars, planets. This Newtonian Reflector telescope comes with an easy to assemble tripod, which you can place on a table. You can also thread the optical tube directly onto a photographic tripod or monopod.
With your purchase, you’ll receive a free download of printable educational material about Sir Isaac Newton, the scientist who invented the Newtonian telescope, and an explanation of how light travels through the optical path. PLUS, enjoy a free Starry Night Special edition software download to teach your little one about the Universe (details on download code insert card included with your telescope).
NOTE: Always ensure the side panel is attached to the telescope while observing to prevent unwanted light from interfering with the image. Always use with adult supervision
Optical Tube Info:
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Aperture: 50mm (1.97″)
- Focal Length: 200mm (7.87″)
- Focal Ratio: f/4
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 10mm (0.39″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 20x
- Optical Tube: Plastic
- Highest Useful Magnification: 20x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 20x
- Optical Coatings: No coatings
- Optical Tube Length: 211.14mm (8.31″)
- Optical Tube Diameter: TBD
- Optical Tube Weight: 8.96 oz (254 g)
- Mount Type: Easy carry, combo tripod and mount, 1/4-20 threaded post and ball joint
- Tripod Leg Diameter: 10mm (.393″)
- Accessory Tray: No
- Tripod Weight: 7 oz (198.44 g)
- Slew Speeds: Manual
- Software: Celestron Starry Night Basic Edition Software and SkyPortal App
- Optical tube
- Easy assemble mount/tripod
- 10mm eyepiece
- Removable outer panel to reveal internal mirrors
- Celestron Starry Night Special Edition Software
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
Celestron Kids 50mm Newtonian Telescope Quick Setup Guide
Celestron Kids 50mm Newtonian Telescope Manual
There are no reviews yet.