The innovative NexStar Evolution is a compact, portable, and mechanically solid telescope made for hours of serious visual observing and certain types of astroimaging. The NexStar Evolution HD package stands out due to its unique features, including: StarSense AutoAlign, EdgeHD optics, integrated WiFi, and its internal LiFePO4 battery.
StarSense AutoAlign in the SkyPortal App
StarSense AutoAlign helps you optimize your time outdoors, giving you back time you would have spent aligning your telescope and allowing you more time to observe. It scans the night sky and analyzes the star patterns overhead, automatically calculating the telescope’s precise location, the date, and the current time. What’s more, you can add up to 10 additional alignment stars for the most accurate alignment possible.
Learn more about the StarSense technology
Because StarSense AutoAlign is paired with the Evolution mount, you get even more functionality and ease of use. Connect to the mount via the SkyPortal mobile app and you can perform the automatic alignment directly from your smart device, then instantly command the telescope to slew to your first celestial object.
8” EdgeHD Optical Tube
EdgeHD is an aplanatic, flat-field Schmidt optical system that produces aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. The optical system reduces more than just off-axis star coma; it provides an astrograph-quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view.
EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than three times flatter than a standard Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across full frame sensors.
The 8” EdgeHD flat-field and coma-free optical tube was made to accommodate modern imaging with cameras of all types, especially larger format CCD and DSLR cameras. The EdgeHD optical tube is Fastar-compatible for ultra-fast f/2 wide field imaging with an optional, third-party lens assembly.
Learn more about EdgeHD technology.
Perfect for Visual Use or Beginning Astroimaging
This telescope is an excellent instrument for those looking to explore astroimaging. It’s the only fork-mounted telescope in its price range that offers brass worm gears along with improved motors, which provide great tracking accuracy. Capture images of the Moon and planets by attaching any planetary imaging camera. You can even experiment with imaging brighter deep-sky objects like the Orion Nebula with your DSLR camera.
As you progress in the hobby of astroimaging, turn your alt-azimuth mount into equatorial setup by adding the Wedge for NexStar Evolution. This accessory will enable you to achieve longer exposures for more detailed astrophotos. The NexStar Evolution mount also features a built-in lithium-iron phosphate (LiFePO4) battery with enough power for 10-hour astroimaging sessions.
Of course, the EdgeHD optical system offers bright, sharp views with StarBright XLT™ optical coatings—a great choice for visual observers and budding astro-imagers alike.
NexStar Evolution is equipped with 4 auxiliary ports—two on top of the fork and two on the bottom. A StarSense hand control is still included, but is not necessary when using NexStar Evolution with the app.
The NexStar Evolution 8” telescope includes two 1.25” Plössl 40mm & 13mm eyepiece, which is great for observing most any celestial object right out of the box. What’s more, your telescope includes a 1.25″ star diagonal, 1.25” Visual Back, the StarSense AutoAlign accessory, and a StarPointer Pro™ finderscope. The StarSense AutoAlign comes with a hand control, but thanks to the internal WiFi and SkyPortal app, use of the hand control is completely optional.
To increase your field of view without sacrificing performance, add the optional EdgeHD reducer lens, bringing your focal ratio down to f/7.
Software that Comes FREE with your Purchase
Celestron PWI Telescope Control: Your Ultimate Astronomy Software
All current Celestron computerized telescopes include Celestron PWI (CPWI), the most advanced astronomy software provided with any consumer-grade telescope. Celestron’s experts co-developed CPWI with the engineers at PlaneWave Instruments. The result is an all-in-one solution offering you many of the same features used on PlaneWave’s observatory-class telescopes.
- Graphical planetarium interface with PointXP advanced mount modelling allows you to add 100+ points to your alignment model for the most accurate pointing and tracking possible
- Ideal for remote observatory setups: save and re-load your alignment and park your scope
- Provides a complete ASCOM telescope interface to allow control of the telescope from third party software applications
For more information on CPWI and to see the user interface, click here.
Starry Night Software
Also included with your purchase is a free download of Celestron’s Starry Night Special Edition Software. This advanced software by Simulation Curriculum offers detailed information about celestial objects and helps you plan your next observing or imaging session. The Special Edition software also includes telescope control via your PC. For more information, click here.
Optical Tube Info:
- Optical Design: EdgeHD
- Aperture: 203.2mm (8″)
- Focal Length: 2032mm (80″)
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 40mm (1.57″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 51x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 13mm (.51″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 156x
- Finderscope: StarPointer Pro™ finderscope
- Star Diagonal: 1.25″ Star Diagonal
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 480x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 29x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.69 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.57 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 843x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 64mm (2.5″)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 31%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 9.77%
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
- Optical Tube Length: 432mm (17″)
- Optical Tube Diameter: 238mm (9.37″)
- Optical Tube Weight: 14 lbs (6.35 kg)
- Dovetail: CG-5 Dovetail bar
- Mount Type: Computerized Altitude-Azimuth Single Fork Arm
- Instrument load capacity: 25 lbs (11 kg)
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 1193.8mm – 1752.6mm (47″ – 69″)
- Tripod Leg Diameter: 38.1mm (1.5″) Stainless Steel
- Mount Head Weight: 16 lbs (7 kg)
- Accessory Tray: Yes
- Tripod Weight: 12 lbs (5.44 kg)
- Slew Speeds: 9 slew speeds – max speed 4°/second
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South
- GPS: N/A
- Dovetail Compatibility: CG-5 saddle plate
- Number of Auxiliary Ports: 4 AUX Ports (Hand Control can use any of the AUX Ports)
- Autoguide Port: No
- USB Port: Yes, Hand Control input and Mount output
- Power Requirements: Internal 9 6V, 4 5Ah lithium iron phosphate battery (LiFePO4)
- Motor Drive: DC servo motors
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Auto 2-Star Align, Solar System Align, Quick-Align, Last Alignment, EQ North / EQ South Alignment (EQ align requires an equatorial wedge)
- Periodic Error Correction: No
- Computerized Hand Control: 2 line x 18 character backlit Liquid Crystal Display, 19 LED backlit buttons, USB 2.0 Port for PC connection
- NexStar+ Database: Over 40,000 including 220 of the best deep sky and solar system objects
- Software: Celestron Starry Night Special Edition Software | SkyPortal App
- Total Kit Weight: 42 lbs (19.05 kg)
Optical tube | Single Fork Arm Mount and Tripod | Accessory Tray| Built-in Wifi | Integrated Lithium-iron battery | Starsense Hand Control | 40mm and 13mm eyepiece | StarPointer Pro™ finderscope | Visual Back | Star Diagonal | 4 plug AC adapter
Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
NexStar Evolution Telescopes Series Manual
NexStar Evolution 8 EdgeHD Telescope Quick Setup Guide
NexStar Plus Hand Control Manual
- 1.25″ 2X Achromatic Barlow – To get more magnification while observing your favorite planet
- Universal Smartphone Adapter – To capture pictures of Moon and planets right in your smartphone immediately as you observe it.
- T-Ring (Canon) – To capture photos with your Canon EOS DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Nikon) – To capture photos with your NIKON DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Sony) – To capture photos with your Sony DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- 1.25″ T-Mount/Adapter – To attached any DSLR directly in the eyepiece barrel when using in combination with DSLR TRing.
- Customized Telescope Padded bag: Designed to keep your Telescope safe from sudden damages to optics and body, safe of dust and dirt, easy carrying solution.
There are no reviews yet.