Explore Scientific – Generation II – 12-inch Dobsonian Telescope
This is a Generation II telescope. All updates have been performed on this telescope. No telescope type has changed the hobby quite as much as the Dobsonian. Before the introduction of the Dobsonian by John Dobson, the vast majority of amateur telescopes consisted of small telescopes with primitive mechanics – barely enough to see the polar caps of Mars or the rings of Saturn. Larger telescopes, such as the Schmidt-Cassegrain were reserved for the wealthy. The ingenious combination of simple yet effective mechanisms with the greatest possible opening gives the Dobsonian telescope a unique triumphant march around the world. Nowhere do you get as much light for your money like a good Dobson. Disassembly of the scope without tools ensures a trouble-free transport of this great scope even in small cars. The entire structure has been optimized for maximum stiffness with minimal weight. The combination of high altitude bearings with optimized aluminum structures allows fine adjustment flows at high magnifications.
12 inch Dobsonian Telescope
The ideal workhorse for the deep sky observers. A 305mm mirror collects more than 1,800 times as much light as the naked eye. Details on planets and deep sky objects will be visible even for inexperienced observers. Bright star clusters are resolved to the core, and the sight of the terminator on the moon is an unforgettable experience.
Includes 2″ focuser with helical gearing and 10:1 reduction; LED Red Dot Finder, collimation assist tool; soft light baffle and two radial main mirror fan for fast temperature equilibrium.
The scope is ready for the use with our optional coma corrector.
12 inch Dobsonian Telescope Specifications
- Item Number: DOB1245–01
- f/ratio: f/5
- Focal length: 1,525 mm
- Primary mirror diameter: 35 cm
- Secondary obstruction: 24%
- Mirror cell support points: 9
- Truss pole length: 88 cm
- Truss pole diameter: 20 mm
- Secondary cage assembly diameter: 38 cm OD
- Secondary cage assembly weight: 6.5 pounds
- Secondary cage assembly height: 17 cm
- Mirror box/rocker box height: 42.5 cm
- Mirror box weight: * 50 pounds
- Height to center of eyepiece at zenith: 142.24 cm
- Theoretical limiting stellar magnitude: 0.38 arc sec
- Theoretical Rayleigh limit: 0.45 arc sec
- Theoretical limiting magnitude: 15.11 mag
- Theoretical maximum magnification: 600x
Limited Warranty is one year, which converts to the Explore STAR Transferrable Product Warranty when product is registered within 60 days of purchase. Click Here to register.
12 inch Dobsonian Telescope Manual
To download printable PDF manual Click Here
There are no reviews yet.