“This robotic WiFi telescope is the coolest app-cessory in the galaxy”
“5-star overall rating”
-BBC Sky at Night Magazine
The NexStar Evolution is the first Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope with integrated WiFi. Leave your hand control behind and slew to all the best celestial objects with a tap of your smartphone or tablet. Connect your device to NexStar Evolution’s built-in wireless network, and explore the universe with the Celestron mobile app for iOS and Android.
Use the planetarium interface to view the night sky in real time or display a list of celestial objects currently visible based on your time and location. Our proprietary SkyAlign alignment procedure is built right into the Celestron mobile app, so you’re ready to observe within minutes.
The most user-friendly telescope ever
Celestron engineers designed NexStar Evolution based on years of customer feedback. It offers many thoughtful design features that combine to provide you the best possible experience out under the stars.
Forget about batteries or an external power supply. For the first time ever on a consumer telescope, NexStar Evolution includes its own built-in battery. With this ultra-long life lithium-iron phosphate battery, you’ll be able to enjoy stargazing marathons up to 10 hours on a single charge. You can even use NexStar Evolution’s USB charge port to top off the other devices in your life that need to stay powered on during an observing session. An intelligent power management system senses when battery levels are low and goes into power-saving mode to keep your telescope running for as long as possible.
Setting up your NexStar Evolution is quick and painless with large, ergonomic handles. The same heavy-duty stainless steel tripod we use on our CPC series telescopes anchors your 9.25″ telescope, providing serious stability. Manual clutches in both altitude and azimuth offer greater flexibility to manually point the telescope when powered off. Store up to 7 eyepieces in 2 accessory trays, one with an adjustable red LED illuminator.
Superior tracking fit for astroimaging
If you’re interested in astroimaging, the 9.25-inch NexStar Evolution is an excellent, affordable way to get started. It’s the only fork-mounted telescope in its price range that offers brass worm gears, along with improved motors. NexStar Evolution’s tracking accuracy is so impressive, you can capture images of deep-sky objects like the Orion Nebula by simply attaching your DSLR camera. As you progress in the hobby of astroimaging, you can add our Pro HD Wedge to achieve longer exposures for more detailed astrophotos.
Of course, the Schmidt-Cassegrain optical system offers bright, sharp views with StarBright XLT optical coatings—a great choice for visual observers and budding astroimagers alike.
NexStar Evolution is equipped with 4 auxiliary ports–2 on top of the fork and 2 on the bottom. A classic NexStar+ hand control is included, but is not necessary when using NexStar Evolution with the mobile app. The telescope also includes a StarPointer finderscope, two 1.25” Plossl eyepieces, a 1.25” star diagonal, and an AC adapter.
Optical Tube Info:
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture: 235mm (9.25″)
- Focal Length: 2350mm (93″)
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 40mm (1.57″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 59x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 13mm (.51″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 180x
- Finderscope: Red Dot Finderscope
- Star Diagonal: 1.25″ Star Diagonal
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 555x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 34x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14.4
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.59 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.49 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 1127x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 85mm (3.35″)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 36%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 13%
- Optical Coatings: StarBright XLT
- Optical Tube Length: 559mm (22″)
- Optical Tube Diameter: 271.78mm (10.7″)
- Optical Tube Weight: 20 lbs (9.07 kg)
- Dovetail: CG-5 Dovetail bar
- Mount Type: Computerized Altitude-Azimuth Single Fork Arm
- Instrument load capacity: 25 lbs (11 kg)
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 1244.6mm – 1651mm (49″ – 65″)
- Tripod Leg Diameter: 50.8mm (2″) Stainless Steel
- Mount Head Weight: 16 lbs (7 kg)
- Accessory Tray: Yes
- Tripod Weight: 26.6 lbs (12.06 kg)
- Slew Speeds: 9 slew speeds – max speed 4°/second
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South
- GPS: N/A
- Dovetail Compatibility: CG-5 saddle plate
- Number of Auxiliary Ports: 4 AUX Ports (Hand Control can use any of the AUX Ports)
- Autoguide Port: No
- USB Port: Yes, Hand Control input and Mount output
- Power Requirements: Internal 9 6V, 4 5Ah lithium iron phosphate battery (LiFePO4)
- Motor Drive: DC servo motors
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Auto 2-Star Align, Solar System Align, Quick-Align, Last Alignment, EQ North / EQ South Alignment (EQ align requires an equatorial wedge)
- Periodic Error Correction: No
- Computerized Hand Control: 2 line x 18 character backlit Liquid Crystal Display, 19 LED backlit buttons, USB 2.0 Port for PC connection
- NexStar+ Database: Over 40,000 including 220 of the best deep sky and solar system objects
- Software: Celestron Starry Night Special Edition Software | SkyPortal App
- Total Kit Weight: 62.6 lbs (28.4 kg)
Optical tube | Single Fork Arm Mount and Tripod | Accessory Tray| Built-in Wifi | Integrated Lithium-iron battery | NexStar+ Hand Control | 40mm and 13mm eyepiece | Red dot finderscope | Visual Back | Star Diagonal | 4 plug AC adapter
Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
NexStar Evolution Telescopes Series Manual
NexStar Plus Hand Control Manual
Schmidt-Cassegrain Optics Manual
- 1.25″ 2X Achromatic Barlow – To get more magnification while observing your favorite planet
- Universal Smartphone Adapter – To capture pictures of Moon and planets right in your smartphone immediately as you observe it.
- T-Ring (Canon) – To capture photos with your Canon EOS DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Nikon) – To capture photos with your NIKON DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Sony) – To capture photos with your Sony DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- 1.25″ T-Mount/Adapter – To attached any DSLR directly in the eyepiece barrel when using in combination with DSLR TRing.
- Customized Telescope Padded bag: Designed to keep your Telescope safe from sudden damages to optics and body, safe of dust and dirt, easy carrying solution.
There are no reviews yet.