GSO 6″ Dobsonian (Silver)
This Classic 6-inch Dobsonian from Guan Sheng Optics (GSO) offers high optical performance at a low price. The optical and mechanical quality are without any compromises. This dobsonian is a wonderful beginner telescope.
- This telescope is easy operable wth its alt-azimuthal Dobsonian mount. The crisp and contrast image definition on the other hand will also convince experienced astronomers. Sharpness and image definition are on par with a 120 mm apochromatic refractor costing 6x more. The steel secondary spider vanes are very thin for nearly no diffraction effects.
- The telescope is also good for deep-sky. With 6″ aperture, you have 78% more light gathering power compared with a standard 4.5″ Newtonian. Objects are shown therefore brighter.
♦ High quality parabolic optic with 152 mm diameter and 1200 mm focal length.
♦ 94% enhanced coating for a brighter image.
♦ Very small secondary mirror improves image quality further.
♦ Precise 1.25″ Crayford focuser for comfortable focusing – ready for 1.25″ and T2 accessories.
♦ Solid Steel Tube and adjustable mirror cells for perfect collimation and good images.
- For best possible image quality you need high quality optics as well as optimized mechanics. The GSO Dobsonian has both. The small secondary mirror and the thin spider vanes improve contrast and image sharpness compared with a larger secondary and a simpler spider with thick vanes. The 94% enhanced coating on main mirror and secondary mirror produces a brighter image. Save up to 10% light against other telescopes with same aperture.
- Dobsonian Telescopes from GSO offers a lot of telescope for the Money.
They are often purchased for beginner due to their simplicity and ease of use. Dobsonian telescopes are designed for visual observing. GSO Dobsonians have better coating and high quality mirrors for maximum success and fun under the skies. Its cost/performance ratio is truly unbeatable.
- Excellent Visual Performance: For best possible image quality you need high quality optics as well as optimized mechanics. The GSO Dobsonian has both. The small secondary mirror and the thin spider vanes improve contrast and image sharpness compared with a larger secondary and a simpler spider with thick vanes. The 94% enhanced coating on main mirror and secondary mirror produces a brighter image. Save up to 10% light against other telescopes with same aperture.
- Grab-And-Go Setup: The simple and intuitive way to use this telescope makes it much easier for beginners to spend their first joyful hours under the starry sky. Set-up is as easy as you can imagine: Just put the rocker box on the ground, insert the telescope tube and put the springs in position and you´re ready to go!
- Upgrade your Dobsonian: A Dobsonian telescope from GSO is a perfect starter telescope. You will get a high end optic for an incredible low price. Later you can upgrade the telescope with eyepieces, filters or with cradle rings to mount it upon a parallactic mount. Than you also can start with astrophotography through your Newtonian telescope.
- Optical performance: The telescope is equipped with high quality GSO mirrors. The selected main mirror is better than diffraction limited. We always make optical tests on our optical bench to guarantee the high optical level of GSO Newtonians and Dobsonians.
- The Crayford Focuser: A central part of the telescope is the good Crayford focuser with many advantages:
♦ Much smoother focus motion compared with simpler focusers.
♦ Secure and scratch-free grip on the eyepieces through use of a brass compression ring
♦ No image shift. This means that the object will remain precisely in position while you focus. Simpler focusers tend to be shifted a little bit out of alignment, resulting in a relative movement of the object. This somewhat annoying effect does not occur in the Crayford focuser.
♦ No backlash when you reverse the focusing direction. The focuser will reverse the direction in which it moves instantaneously when you change the direction in which you turn the focus knobs.
- Centering and Tracking Objects with the GSO Classic Dobsonian: The mount of a Dobsonian telescope is called “”Rocker-Box””, a fitting name for the uniquely simple and well-working design. The rocker allows you to point the telescope at any point in the sky and allows for comfortable, intuitive movement. Moving the telescope is very simple, just push the telescope into the right direction. No need to use clamps or motors, it doesn’t get more simple than this! Since you need to move the Dobsonian manually it is particularly important that the movement be as smooth as possible. The Dobsonian has an azimuth roller bearing for smooth operation. For the elevation, the telescope is equipped with the Spring Tension System. This prevents the telescope from moving, for example when exchanging eyepieces.
Available on backorder