Get the same star locating technology found on our observatory-grade telescopes at a price that fits your family’s budget with the 114LCM.
Locates objects for you
Leave the star maps at home; 114 LCM computerized telescopes can locate thousands of celestial objects for you automatically. To get started, just perform our simple SkyAlign alignment procedure by centering any three bright objects in your telescope’s eyepiece. From there, your LCM can calculate the time, date, and location and orient itself with the night sky.
Browse the hand control’s database and select any star, planet, galaxy, or nebulae in the database. Within seconds, your LCM centers it in the eyepiece and tracks it as it moves across the sky. Looking for something new to observe? Press the Sky Tour button and your LCM generates a list of the best celestial objects currently visible.
Precision optics for detailed views
With the largest optics in the LCM beginner telescope family, the 114LCM packs enough light-gathering ability to provide extraordinary views of all the best celestial objects. Explore our Solar System, from the moons of Jupiter to the rings of Saturn and beyond. Then venture further into deep space to view the Orion Nebula, Pleiades Star Cluster, and hundreds of other objects. You can even explore the craters of the Moon up close, with impressive detail.
Everything you need to get started
Even if you’ve never used a telescope before, Celestron makes it easy to get started with amateur astronomy. Your LCM telescope comes with an adjustable aluminum tripod, 2 high quality eyepieces, and a red dot finderscope. Plus, everything is backed by Celestron’s 2-year warranty.
To enhance your experience under the stars, download Celestron’s free SkyPortal app. Listen to hundreds of audio descriptions of the most popular objects on your iOS or Android device while you observe them with your LCM telescope.
Your 114LCM telescope can grow with you for years to come. Consider adding a Moon Filter or additional eyepieces as you progress with the hobby.
Computerized Telescope Specifications:
Optical Tube Info:
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Aperture: 114mm (4.49″)
- Focal Length: 1000mm (39″)
- Focal Ratio: f/8.77
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 25mm (0.98″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 40x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 9mm (0.35″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 111x
- Finderscope: Built-on StarPointer™ red dot finderscope
- Highest Useful Magnification: 269x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 16x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12.8
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.22 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.02 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 265x
- Apparent Field of View: 1.6°
- Linear Field of View (@1000 yds): 84 ft (26 m)
- Optical Coatings: Fully Coated
- Mount Type: Motorized Altazimuth
- Accessory Tray: No Tool, Quick release
- Tripod: Aluminum
- Slew Speeds: Nine slew speeds
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align,
- Solar System Align
- Computer Hand Control: Fully Computerized / Flash Upgradeable
- NexStar+ Database: 40,000 Object Database
- Software: Celestron Starry Night Basic Edition Software and SkyPortal App
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
- 1.25″ 2X Achromatic Barlow – To get more magnification while observing your favorite planet
- Universal Smartphone Adapter – To capture pictures of Moon and planets right in your smartphone immediately as you observe it.
- T-Ring (Canon) – To capture photos with your Canon EOS DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Nikon) – To capture photos with your NIKON DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Sony) – To capture photos with your Sony DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- 1.25″ T-Mount/Adapter – To attached any DSLR directly in the eyepiece barrel when using in combination with DSLR TRing.
- Customized Telescope Padded bag: Designed to keep your Telescope safe from sudden damages to optics and body, safe of dust and dirt, easy carrying solution.