Celestron’s SkyMaster Series of large aperture binoculars are a phenomenal value for high performance binoculars ideal for astronomical viewing or for terrestrial (land) use – especially over long distances. Each SkyMaster model features high quality BaK-4 prisms and multi-coated optics for enhanced contrast. Celestron has designed and engineered the larger SkyMaster models to meet the special demands of extended astronomical or terrestrial viewing sessions.
- Magnification: 15x
- Objective Lens Diameter: 70mm (2.75″)
- Angular Field of View: 4.4°
- Linear Field of View (@1000 yds) / @1000 m): 231 ft (77 m)
- Exit Pupil: 4.7mm (.18″)
- Eye Relief: 18mm (.71″)
- Close Focus: 43 ft (13 m)
- Interpupillary Distance (max): 72mm (2.83″)
- Interpupillary Distance (min): 56mm (2.20″)
- Diopter Adjustment Range: -4 to +8
- Twilight Factor: 32.4
- Relative Brightness: 22.09
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: Ideal: 11.73 | Moderate: 10.73 | Poor: 9.73
- Lens Coatings: Multi-Coated
- Prism Glass (Type): BaK-4
- Prism Coatings: N/A
- Weight: 48 oz (1361 g)
- Environmental Protection: Water Resistant
- Nitrogen Filled: No
- Tripod Adaptable: Yes
- Carrying Case: Nylon
- Dimensions: 220mm x 110mm x 280mm (8.7″ x 4.3″ x 11.0″)
- Included Items: Tripod Adapter | Objective Lens Caps | Rainguard | Neck Strap | Lens Cloth | Instruction Manual
Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
- Universal Smartphone Adapter – To capture pictures of Objects seen in the binoculars (Terrestrial objects, Moon and planets) right in your smartphone immediately as you observe it.