Meade Polaris 114/1000 EQ Reflector Telescope
Meade Polaris 114mm telescope has a 114mm aperture and focal length of 1000mm (f/8.8). The stable Equatorial mount includes slow-motion control cables that allow for easy and quick viewing across different directions. The telescope includes accessories such as a Red-Dot finder scope, 2x Barlow lens, and three eyepieces that provide varying levels of magnification. This gives you the versatility of both narrow and wide fields of view. The Polaris 114mm comes complete with everything you need to view the wonders of the night sky the first time out. When fully assembled, the Polaris 114mm weighs approximately 19 lbs.
Each Polaris telescope also comes with AutoStar(registered) Suite Astronomer Edition Software available as a download. This bonus planetarium software will help you learn the night sky and displays more than 10,000 celestial objects including planets, stars, galaxies, and nebulae.
The Polaris Series telescopes come in a variety of apertures including 90mm refractor and 127mm reflector. These telescopes deliver bright and clear images with the greatest detail and enables observation of the craters of the Moon, Saturn’s rings, and even Jupiter’s surface. Meade’s Polaris telescopes are perfect for the astronomer who wishes to manually observe and discover the night sky with ease.
Meade Polaris 114 Specifications
|Clear Aperture||114mm (4.5″)|
|Optical Design||Newtonian Reflector|
|Eyepiece(s)||Three (3) 1.25″ MA (26mm, 9mm & 6.3mm)|
|Focuser Mechanism||Rack and Pinion|
|Typical Guiding Performance with StarLock||< 1 arc-second|
|Tripod||Pre-Assembled Full-Height Stainless-Steel Tube Legs|
|Assembled Product Dimensions||870mm x 870mm x 1540mm|
|Assembled Product Weight||12.10kg|
Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
- 1.25″ 2X Achromatic Barlow – To get more magnification while observing your favorite planet
- Universal Smartphone Adapter – To capture pictures of Moon and planets right in your smartphone immediately as you observe it.
- T-Ring (Canon) – To capture photos with your Canon EOS DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Nikon) – To capture photos with your NIKON DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Sony) – To capture photos with your Sony DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- 1.25″ T-Mount/Adapter – To attached any DSLR directly in the eyepiece barrel when using in combination with DSLR TRing.
- Customized Telescope Padded bag: Designed to keep your Telescope safe from sudden damages to optics and body, safe of dust and dirt, easy carrying solution.