Whether you enjoy exploring the planets or prefer to capture deep sky objects, the Explore Scientific AR127mm will show you the way. This scope features a straightforward manual alt-azimuth mount, perfect for beginners or for quick observation sessions. This telescope includes everything you need to enjoy your observations and share it with friends. Explore Scientific has included a 25mm eyepiece, diagonal, red dot finder, tripod, and even a smartphone adapter so you can capture photos and videos using your phone’s camera.
- Lens Coatings: Fully Multi-Coated
- Magnification: 180x
- Focal Length: 1200mm
- Focal Ratio: f/9.4
- Adapter: 2.5″ Hexagonal Focuser; 2″ 90° Diagonal
- Optical Diameter: 127mm
- Eyepiece: 25mm Plossl
- Mount Type: Twilight 1 Alt/Az mount
The Twilight I is a light-to-medium-duty Alt-azimuth mount and tripod and there are worm gears on both axes. The adjustable angle head can be tilted forward or back at a 45° angle to allow more clearance for your telescope so you can point it straight up for viewing at the zenith. The Allen hex wrench for doing the mount head adjustment can be safely stored at the integrated magnetic holder.
Slow-motion control cables are attached on the vertical and horizontal axes, and are easy to turn during the night, even with gloves on, due to the over-sized knurled knobs that are attached to the end of each cable. They can be attached to either side of each axis to accommodate right or left-handed users, or different types of telescopes.
In the box
- FirstLight AR127mm Refractor White Tube
- Twilight 1 Alt/Az mount
- 2.5″ Hexagonal Focuser
- 2″ 90° Diagonal
- 25mm Plossl eyepiece
- Red-dot Finder
- Smartphone Camera adapter.
- Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
- Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
- Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
- 1.25″ 2X Achromatic Barlow – To get double magnification while observing your favorite objects. Mostly important for Lunar and Planetary observations & Photography.
- Additional Eyepieces – Eyepieces serve as our arsenal, offering different magnifications for celestial objects. Higher magnification is ideal for detailed planetary viewing, while lower magnification and wide-angle eyepieces are suitable for capturing the vastness of deep sky objects. With a diverse collection of eyepieces, we can customize our observations for an immersive stargazing experience.
- Eyepiece Filters – Colored filters can be an invaluable aid in lunar and planetary observing. They reduce glare and light scattering, increase contrast through selective filtration, increase definition and resolution, reduce irradiation and lessen eye fatigue.
- Solar filter – Customized Solar Filter for optical equipment for observation and photography of sun during eclipses, transits or general Sunspots observation on solar disk.
- T-Ring (Canon) – To capture photos with your Canon EOS DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Nikon) – To capture photos with your NIKON DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Sony) – To capture photos with your Sony DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- 1.25″ T-Mount/Adapter – To attach any DSLR directly in the eyepiece barrel when using in combination with DSLR T-Ring.
- Customized Telescope Padded bag – Designed to keep your Telescope safe from sudden damages to optics and body, safe of dust and dirt, easy carrying solution.