Optical Tube Info:
- Optical Design: Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture: 203.2mm (8″)
- Focal Length: 2032mm (80″)
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 40mm (1.57″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 51x
- Finderscope: 9×50 Finderscope with quick release bracket
- Star Diagonal: 1.25″ Star Diagonal
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 480x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 29x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 14
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 0.69 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.57 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 843x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 64mm (2.5″)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 31%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 9.77%
- Optical Coatings: Starbright XLT
- Optical Tube Length: 432mm (17″)
- Optical Tube Diameter: 238mm (9.37″)
- Optical Tube Weight: 42 lbs (19.1 kg) with mount
- Dovetail: None
- Mount Type: Computerized Altitude-Azimuth Dual Fork Arm
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 1295.4mm – 1422.4mm (51″ – 66″)
- Tripod leg diameter: 50.8mm (2″) Stainless Steel
- Mount Head Weight: 42 lbs (19.1 kg) with optical tube
- Accessory Tray: Yes
- Tripod Weight: 19 lbs (8.6 kg)
- Slew Speed: 9 slew speeds – max speed 5°/second
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: Altazimuth, EQ North and EQ South
- GPS: Internal 16 channel
- Dovetail Compatibility: none
- Number of Auxiliary Ports: 2 AUX Ports (Hand Control can use any of the AUX Ports)
- Autoguide Port: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, on hand control
- Power Requirements: 12 VDC-1.5A (Tip positive)
- Motor Drive: DC servo motors
- Alignment Procedures: Sky Align, Auto Two-Star Align, Two-Star Align, Solar System Align, EQ North Align and EQ South Align
- Periodic Error Correction: Yes
- Computerized Hand Control: 2 line x 18 character backlit Liquid Crystal Display, 19 LED backlit buttons, USB 2.0 Port for PC connection
- NexStar+ Database: 40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects. Enhanced information on over 200 objects
- Software: Celestron Starry Night Special Edition Software and SkyPortal App
- Total Telescope Kit Weight: 61 lbs (27.6 kg)
Computerized Mount Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number; the most beautiful double, triple and quadruple stars; variable stars; solar system objects and asterisms
- Re-designed drive base and drive mechanics – Quiet operation; large drive gears, quick release clutch
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Permanent PEC
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as Autoguider, GPS accessory
- NexRemote telescope control software and RS-232 cable included for advanced control of your telescope via computer
Included Items in the box
- Optical tube
- Mount and Tripod
- Accessory Tray
- 40mm eyepiece
- 1.25″ Star Diagonal
- 50mm 9×50 Finderscope with Bracket
- Instruction Manual
Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
Support Videos and Documents
- 1.25″ 2X Achromatic Barlow – To get more magnification while observing your favorite planet
- Universal Smartphone Adapter – To capture pictures of Moon and planets right in your smartphone immediately as you observe it.
- T-Ring (Canon) – To capture photos with your Canon EOS DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Nikon) – To capture photos with your NIKON DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Sony) – To capture photos with your Sony DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- 1.25″ T-Mount/Adapter – To attached any DSLR directly in the eyepiece barrel when using in combination with DSLR TRing.
- Customized Telescope Padded bag: Designed to keep your Telescope safe from sudden damages to optics and body, safe of dust and dirt, easy carrying solution.
There are no reviews yet.