Celestron’s innovative NexStar Star Location Telescope (SLT) has been a customer favorite for years thanks to its unique combination of high-quality optics, a user-friendly computerized interface, and a sturdy single fork arm mount.
This telescope comes with a pre-assembled, adjustable stainless-steel tripod, quick release fork arm, NexStar+ computerized hand control, 130mm Newtonian Reflector optical tube, and lots of bonus accessories.
The entire telescope kit is a simple, no-tool assembly and fast SkyAlign alignment procedure will have you ready to observe in minutes. This makes NexStar 130SLT your perfect companion for impromptu observing sessions and all-night stargazing marathons alike.
Your NexStar 130SLT will reveal details of the lunar surface, Venus and its phases, the polar caps on Mars, Jupiter and its four moons, and Saturn with its rings plainly visible. It can also be used as a land-based spotting telescope for daytime and wildlife observations.
The Mount & Technologies
Computerized AltAzimuth Mount – The NexStar SLT telescope features a single fork arm altazimuth mount, which allows the telescope to track the desired objects as they appear to move across the night sky. The mount sits on a pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod.
NexStar+ Hand Control – This computerized hand control enables you to automatically slew to any of 40,000 celestial objects with the push of a button. The NexStar+ database includes more than 600 galaxies, 300 clusters and dozens of beautiful binary stars. Not sure what to observe? Choose the Sky Tour feature and the NexStar+ hand control will automatically generate a list of all the best celestial objects currently visible based on your exact time and location.
SkyAlign Technology – Our proprietary SkyAlign alignment procedure makes setting up and using a computerized telescope faster and easier than ever before. Point the telescope at three bright objects in the sky, and the telescope can triangulate its position and locate any other object in the sky automatically. You don’t need to know the names of the stars—you can even pick the Moon or bright planets! For more information about our SkyAlign technology, visit here.
Power– Go anywhere! Feel free to enjoy your NexStar SLT in remote dark sky locations—it’s powered by 8 AA batteries (not included) or a PowerTank portable battery (sold separately). The internal battery compartment provides power to the high precision servo motors for rigid low-vibration performance while eliminating cord wrap issues associated with external battery packs. You may also power your telescope with a 12V AC adapter (sold separately).
Your telescope includes a StarPointer™ red dot finderscope, a star diagonal, and two eyepieces (25mm and 9mm). The two eyepieces offer different magnifications for low- or high-powered observing. The star diagonal provides a right-side-up view and a more comfortable viewing angle when looking up at the sky. The StarPointer™ red dot finderscope will help you quickly center an object in your eyepiece for easier observing.
NexStar 130SLT is ready to grow with you as you become a more experienced amateur astronomer. It’s compatible with all Celestron’s latest accessories, including StarSense AutoAlign, SkyPortal WiFi module, and PowerTank Lithium.
Starry Night Software Your purchase includes a FREE download of Celestron’s Starry Night. This powerful software will help you learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing resources and knowledge to view our solar system and beyond.
Optical Tube Info:
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Aperture: 130mm (5.12″)
- Focal Length: 650mm (26″)
- Focal Ratio: f/5
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 25mm (0.98″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 26x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2: 9mm (0.35″)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 72x
- Finderscope: StarPointer™ red dot finderscope
- Star Diagonal: N/A
- Optical Tube: Aluminum
- Highest Useful Magnification: 307x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 19x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13.1
- Resolution (Rayleigh): 1.07 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.89 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 345x
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction: 43mm (1.7″)
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter: 33%
- Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area: 11%
- Optical Coatings: Aluminum
- Optical Tube Length: 635mm (25″)
- Optical Tube Diameter: 165.1mm (6.5″)
- Optical Tube Weight: 8.8 lbs (3.99 kg)
- Dovetail: CG-5 Dovetail bar
- Mount Type: Computerized Altitude-Azimuth Single Fork Arm
- Instrument load capacity: 8 lbs (3.6 kg)
- Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod): 762mm – 1270mm (30″ – 50″)
- Tripod Leg Diameter: 31.75mm (1.25″) Stainless steel
- Mount Head Weight: 5 lbs (2.3kg)
- Accessory Tray: Yes
- Tripod Weight: 5 lbs (2.3kg)
- Slew Speeds: 9 slew speeds – max speed 3°/second
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Tracking Modes: Alt-Az, EQ North and EQ South
- GPS: N/A
- Dovetail Compatibility: CG-5 saddle plate
- Number of Auxiliary Ports: 1x AUX Port | 1x hand control Port (hand control can use either Port)
- Autoguide Port: No
- USB Port: Yes, Input on hand control
- Power Requirements: 12 VDC – 8xAA Batteries (not included)
- Motor Drive: DC Servo Motor
- Alignment Procedures: SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align
- Periodic Error Correction: No
- Computerized Hand Control: 1 Hand Control Port and 1 AUX Port
- NexStar+ Database: Over 40,000 including 220 of the best deep sky and solar system objects
- Software: Celestron Starry Night Special Edition Software | SkyPortal App
- Total Kit Weight: TBD
Optical Tube | Single Fork Arm Mount and Tripod | Accessory Tray| NexStar+ Hand Control | 20mm and 9mm eyepiece | StarPointer™ red dot finderscope | Star Diagonal
Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or with an optic (unless you have the proper solar filter). Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
Never use your optic to project an image of the Sun onto any surface. Internal heat build-up can damage the optic and any accessories attached to it.
Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with the correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
- 1.25″ 2X Achromatic Barlow – To get more magnification while observing your favorite planet
- Universal Smartphone Adapter – To capture pictures of Moon and planets right in your smartphone immediately as you observe it.
- T-Ring (Canon) – To capture photos with your Canon EOS DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Nikon) – To capture photos with your NIKON DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- T-Ring (Sony) – To capture photos with your Sony DSLR using Telescope tube as high focal length lens for camera.
- 1.25″ T-Mount/Adapter – To attached any DSLR directly in the eyepiece barrel when using in combination with DSLR TRing.
- Customized Telescope Padded bag: Designed to keep your Telescope safe from sudden damages to optics and body, safe of dust and dirt, easy carrying solution.