Solar Filters are used to reduce the visible and Infra Red Rays of Sun which can damage the eyes permanently. There are many kind of Solar Filter available in the International Market depending upon the degree of intensity. These films are used for various purposes like Photography, Viewing etc. Solar Filter Film manufactured in USA and is certified for its Safety Standards by British Standards Institution. This film can reduce the intensity of sun to 98% which is totally safe to view Sun.
Black Polymer film manufactured by Thousand Oaks Optical Company, USA.
BLACK POLYMER: A lower cost alternative where lower magnification is used such as with binoculars, camera filters, finder scopes and small telescopes. Stronger than Mylar with the filtering properties protected within the substrate. Guaranteed fifteen years.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT SIZE DO I ORDER?
The application table below lists sizes by clear aperture (filter size) and outer cell wall inside diameter (I.D.)
The I.D. of the cell slips over and around the O.D. of the telescope tube or lens holder. If you do not see your brand and model,
simply choose the closest outer cell I.D. size larger than the outside diameter measurement of your instrument.
ARE THE FILTERS COMPLETELY SAFE?
Black Polymer filters are completely safe for unlimited visual use.
If handled with care and common sense, all will last a minimum of 20 years to life.
CAN THE TELESCOPE OPTICS GET HOT OR DAMAGED?
No, all the heat and intense light is blocked before it can enter the telescope.
Your telescope may get warm from sunlight shining on it, not from the small amount of visible light transmitted through the filter.
WHAT DETAIL IS VISIBLE?
Sunspots and surface granulation are the two main features.
The only detail that cannot be seen with a standard filter (commonly called white light filter) are prominence and flares
which require our highly specialized H-Alpha filter system.
FULL APERTURE VERSUS OFF-AXIS (REDUCED APERTURE):
For telescopes up to 5" aperture, off-axis is not an advantage. Larger apertures suffer more from daytime atmospheric turbulence.
This turbulence is magnified by the aperture. Perfect daytime "seeing" only occurs about 1% of the time.
Off-axis reduces the aperture and increases the focal length thus reducing the turbulent effects. We recommend off-axis for 10" and larger telescopes.
The solar image is not darker with reduced aperture as we allow for this in the coating density. When viewing through the eyepiece,
the field of view is not reduced; it looks the same as full aperture. If full aperture is still preferred, it can be stopped down using a simple mask as
WHY ARE THREADED CAMERA FILTERS ONLY AVAILABLE IN BLACK POLYMER?
Glass filters have highly reflective coatings that can cause internal reflections between the filter and camera lens since the filter and lens are in close
proximity. This problem is less likely to occur with telescopes, however, mounted telescope filters can be tilted slightly to move any internal reflections
off the central axis and out of view.
||How to Buy
Buying Product is very easy.
Find a Dealer near you:
You can either find your nearest dealer by clicking on the tab of dealers. A list of cities where our dealers are present are shown on the page. Click on the city of your choice. Find the contact details of dealer/s.
Order by Email:
You can also communicate with us through email. Just drop you query at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Order on Telephone:
You can order for your product on telephone . Please call on the following Numbers for Orders
1. Cheque: You can pay Crossed cheque in the Name of “Gnomon Astrotech Pvt. Ltd.” payable at delhi. When the cheque is cleared in our account, the products will be shipped to the given adress.
2. Demand Draft: similar to above. After having the DD, the products will be shipped at once.
3. Online Payment: You can request for online payment through Email. We will send you our Bank details. After the payment is reflected in our account. We will send the Products at once.
1. Railway Bookings: Most Economical way to get the Parcel. After getting the Payment, we can book the material in Parcel to your nearest Railway station. The delivery will not take more than 3 days anywhere in India. This is the most economical way of transportation of goods.
2. Road Transport Booking: we can also book the material through road transport of your choice of your city, provided the company have their office in delhi. We can book material through Road transport after the payment is received.
3. Courier and Cargo: We can book the goods through Leading courier companies as adviced by you or through our regular courier service also.
4. Air Cargo: Booking can also be done through air cargo if the delivery is required at once.
Please note that Delivery charges are extra on and above the MRP of the Product.